Sunday, March 9, 2014

#47 - torn and flowerful - Karen

Hello crafty friends!! 
 I somehow have lost a day this week...... my kids told me the memory is the first to go!!
I hope this finds everyone well and in a crafty mood!  Our current challenge is a great one and I hope to see what each of you can do with it!


Challenge Specification : (Please read carefully)
  1. Make either a CARD , LAYOUT , ALBUM or a 3D BOX (even altered boxes will do)
  2. Your project must have some sort of TORN element on it (Use torn papers, Foil, or torn fabric etc. )
  3. And your project must have a floral spray  or a flower arrangement as a focal point of the creation ! 
  4.  Over all your project must look full and the attention should go first to the flower spay or floral arrangement.
  5. Adding One or two flowers will not make the cut this time. 
  6. The torn element has to be clearly visible 
  7. Deadline to submit will be - 15th March 2014 until 11:55 PM 
 I would love to welcome our returning sponsor 

And our wonderful Prize is

Magnolia stamp - Tilda catching stars
http://www.lulupu.com/product/tilda-catching-stars
And a bottle of  Frosted lace Stickles!
http://www.lulupu.com/product/frost-lace
Thank you again to our generous sponsors!
Here is my creation:
This is a wall hanging for my pink lovin girlie-girl

 I started with a 6 x 12" canvas. I layered old book pages and patterned papers and sealed them with modge podge.  I let it dry overnight (actually 2) before I used the texture paste with a stencil. I also at this point added the texture paste to a large wooden heart for even more dimension.
After the texture paste dried (about 2- hours) I used the spray mists and drizzled the blue, green and pink ink down the canvas and heart.  I used Heidi Swapp mists which were a little too intense for this project so I added a few sprays of water to help mute the colors and make them run a little.
I let the mist and water dry completely and then added her name and the flowers. I stamped on the smaller heart!

Well, I hope this sparks a little creativity if you haven't gotten started yet!! Remember to link your creations on the original post HERE!

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!!
Karen

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful project Karen ..I love the bg you have created along with those flower cluster ..Looks so fabulous !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty wall hanging. Love the beautiful colors and the textured heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wallhanging !! Loved pretty pink floral spray..n bg !

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou!! Appreciate your comments!

Popular Posts