Tuesday, September 9, 2014

BGC#58 - Mixed media tag

Hello everyone !!
It me (PJ) again ! Are you having fun this fortnight ?
 we have a sweet little challenge for you which i can be done by anyone !! 
we are talking TAGS !!! 

When creating your tags remember about these rules:
 
      1.   Make a paper tag .
2.   You MUST use any kind of texture paste on it (like gesso, embossing paste, acrylic texture, cracked texture paste etc.)
      3.   Deadline -15th September 2014 until 11:55 PM IST. 

The prize package this fortnight is a mystery item from
Lulupu store
 
 Here is my take on it ! 


Well what do u think ? 
I find it pretty fresh for myself ! :) 
I really enjoyed making this one it was done in about 2 hours tops. 
2 hours also because i didnt use a heat gun. 

so if you are wondering where the texture paste is 
 
 Its underneath all the embellishments. 
I started with inking the tag with spiced marmalade distress ink and then i sprinkled some water over it .
After it dried i used Finnabair's Art extravagance texture paste -White sand with a stencil.
https://creativeinspirations.ca/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=129_355&products_id=5325
Photo credits -Creativeinspirations.ca & Prima Marketing
 You can see how this texture paste is drying almost clear and has that lovely sand grain effect ! 
I totally love the texture and the fact that i can see through the paste ! 
i would totally suggest this to anyone ! 
Another great thing is it has gluing properties , so if you had to add texture and then add some buttons or sparkles or something else on top of all that texture it would really stay in place when it dries.
 My next step was to add some torn papers. I have used scraps here . 
The teal paper is a previously white cardstock that was rubbed on left over mist on my work surface from an older project. 
After this layering i just added some gesso splatter on top of the tag to tone down the colors a little bit. 
So that is pretty much how i constructed my background !
 The flowers are handmade. Again i have used some texture paste on top of it to give it that rock candy look.
 I love to use Tulle to make my bows its so dreamy !!

 So thats about it from me today !
Hope u liked this tag and would join us whole heartily in the challenge !
Just a few days to go !!!!

See you soon 

please enter your projects  HERE.


6 comments:

  1. Its so Gorgeous..I loved the colors n pretty blooms !

    ReplyDelete
  2. very beautiful tag ,love the way you emblished.!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag!!! I Love the colors, use of tulle, gorgeous blooms!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a gorgeous tag Pooja ..I really love the translucent sand grain look of the paste so want to grab one of this now :) ..your floral arrangement is so beautiful as well !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thankyou so much ladies for your valuble comments !

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou!! Appreciate your comments!

Popular Posts